Domain transfer between accounts allows you to transfer the domain and its management ( renewal, changing DNS-servers, etc.) from one NIC.UA account to another. The transfer procedure, in this case, is carried out by a simplified scheme.
⚠️Notice: when you transfer a domain between accounts, the domain owner does not change.
💳Transfer by auth code
The easiest and fastest way to transfer a domain to another account - using the auth code from your personal account. You can find the auth code in the 'Domains' section: click on the gear next to the chosen domain and scroll down the page.
Click the "Show" button - the transfer code is hidden behind it. You need to pass the code to the owner into whose account you want to transfer the domain.
He or she should log in to account and open the transfer page. He will need to enter the domain name and its transfer code and then click "Continue".
You will be forwarded to the cart where you will have to pay for the domain transfer: the domain will be prolonged for one year, in addition to the current expiration date. Renewal may not be available if the domain has already been extended for the maximum term.
After payment, the domain code will be checked. If the code is correct, the domain will be transferred to a new account and prolonged for one year, and in the previous account the order for the domain will be closed.
If the code was incorrect, the domain transfer will be canceled: the funds will be returned to your personal account in NIC.UA. Then you will need to clarify the transfer code with the current owner and then go through all the steps again.
📋Transfer by request of the domain owner
The domain owner can transfer his domain to another NIC.UA account via request without transfer fees (and, accordingly, without renewing the domain). To do this, it is required:
- Fill in an application (for individuals or legal entities). The application should be filled on behalf of the domain owner.
- Print and fill out the application with the blue pen (if you don't have a printer, you can write the application according to the template).
- Send to email@example.com a scan copy of the filled application in color and good quality (to check if it is filled out correctly) along with a scan copy of the document:
- registration certificate in the Unified State Register - for legal entities;
- passport - for individuals;
- if there's only one photo in your passport, scans of 1-3 pages are enough;
- if there is a photo attached at 25 years, pages 1-5 are required;
- if your passport contains a photo at age 45, pages 1-7 are required;
- if you have ID card, scans of both sides are required.
- Send the original application and a certified copy of the relevant document to the address:
NIC.UA LLC, PO/BOX 80
- legal entities certify the documents with the seal and signature of the responsible person;
- Individuals certify documents with their signature, date, and the text "The copy is valid".
- Also, you can send an electronic version of the application, certified via digital signature, by service Paperless.
After receiving the original application and certified documents, the domain will be transferred to the selected account.