Two-factor authentication (2FA) — is a security process that adds an additional layer of security to the authentication process by making it harder for attackers to gain access to your NIC.UA account and helps protect it. Even if someone stole your password, this person will not have access to the account without a temporary password that generates every minute.
To generate these temporary passwords you should install Google Authenticator (Android, iOS) or Authy (Android, iOS) application.
Activating 2FA for an account is a really simple process:
1. First, go to the 'Settings' section in the dashboard;
2. In the 'Security' section click 'Enable' next to 'Two-factor authentication';
3. You will see the message: 'To activate the service, we will send a message with the code to the phone number +************';
4. You will receive a six-digit code;
5. Enter the code and scan QR-code which will appear, by authentication application;
6. Enter a six-digit code below the QR-code.
After confirmation you will see the message:
Two-factor authentication is enabled.
Now your account is even more secure».
From now you will need to enter a temporary password after your regular password while every logging in.