A TXT type record is used to add any text in domain records. Several records can exist with the same name.
There are several basic uses for this record in some services:
- proof of domain ownership;
- сonfiguring mail with SPF records and keys DKIM/DMARC.
To add this type of record, you need to go to the "Name Servers (NS)" page and click on the gear icon next to the name servers for your domain. On the new page there will be a table with DNS records, click "Change". Now at the very bottom will be the "Add record" button:
What data should be entered in the new record:
- Name: usually you will use "@" name for domain ownership verification records;
- TTL: record lifetime. The minimum parameter is 3600 seconds, the standard is 14400 seconds. In most cases you do not need to change it;
- Type: here you select type TXT;
- Text: you type in the text you want.
Once you have entered the necessary data, be sure to click "Save".
⚠️ Please note: changes of NS servers and records on them may take 4 to 24 hours to take effect. This is due to the caching of records by Internet service providers - they save all user requests and keep them for a certain period of time.