To get the SSL-certificate, you will first need to create a special request for it — CSR (Certificate Signing Request).
You are required to provide the following data:
Domain — domain name that will be covered under this SSL, for example — «example.com».
- When requesting a certificate with subdomain protection (Wildcard), you must specify the domain name as «* .domain.com».
Organization — full name of your company.
- If you are creating SSL for yourself, just put in your full name.
Department — department of the company that requests a certificate.
- If you are creating SSL for yourself, just put in «Home».
- Country — two-letter country code, according to the international standard. Full list can be fount here. Code for Ukraine — «UA».
- State — full name of state/province.
- City — full name of city.
- Email — your email address.
You can create CSR either when you activate the certificate or on your PC. With the CSR, a private key will be generated — which will be required to install the SSL certificate on the hosting server.