Change of an owner (person or org field) in .RU, .SU or .РФ domains takes place * in several stages.
1. If you are a new domain owner, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, where:
— indicate the purpose of your request in the subject line (for example, "Data of the new owner of the domain.ru domain");
— Include in the letter your last name, first name and patronymic, contact phone number, e-mail and zip-code;
— attach to the letter a color scanned copy of the document confirming identification data. For individuals it is a copy of the passport (the first, second pages and registration page are required), for legal entities it is a copy of the TIN certificate and full company details.
2. A support employee will contact the current domain owner and inform him of further instructions.
3. If the current owner agrees to change the domain administrator, he:
— fills in the application form for changing the administrative contact;
— sends with a response letter to email@example.com: a color scanned copy of the completed application and additional documents **.
After our support team verifies the copies of the documents and the correctness of the application, the current domain owner provides REG.RU with the original application with additional documents attached in one of the following ways **:
— in person at any of the company's offices (for personal identification, you will be asked to present your passport);
— by mail or by courier to any office of the company with a notarized signature;
For legal entities: by mail or courier to any office of the company (documents must be certified by the seal of the company).
4. After successfully completing stages 1-3, the new domain owner will receive an e-mail with a link to confirm his desire to become a domain administrator.
* According to clause 6.5 of the Rules for registering domain names in the .RU and .РФ domains, the transfer of the domain name administration right is not allowed:
1) if the domain name registration period has expired;
2) within 30 days from the moment the administrator receives the administration rights from another person;
3) within 30 days from the date of the change of the registrar supporting the domain name;
4) if the domain name matches the designation included in the stop list;
5) in case of non-fulfillment of the registrar's request about providing information and documents within the prescribed period in accordance with clause 9.3.7 of the Rules.
** To learn how to fill out the application correctly and what documents to provide to individuals or legal entities, read the attached files.